Listen to and repeat the name of each letter below.
Give the alphabet course on Memrise a try. Here’s how:
- Click here to download Memrise from the Google Play store. Click here to download Memrise for an iPhone. Click here to visit Memrise on your computer.
- Start an account and log in to Memrise.
- Now click here to begin the alphabet course in the app or on your computer.
Once you’ve begun the lessons on Memrise, here are some things you should know:
- You will first be introduced to the letter name and see the letter (which you have already done on HearHebrew.com.
- Then you will be quizzed on the letter by hearing one of multiple letter names and then being required to pick the letter that you hear.
- You will only learn a few letters at a time.
- Take a break in between learning sessions for 5 to 15 minutes to do some mindless task that you can complete while letting your new Hebrew knowledge bounce around in your mind. You could also take a nap or simply rest your eyes for a few minutes for this step.
- Come back and begin the next session.
- Repeat as many times in a day or week as you have time for until the letters seem familiar to you and until you are consistently completing the review with minimal mistakes.
Note: You will be prompted by the Memrise app/website to pay for additional features. Paying for these features is not required in order to continue. If you can’t get past a screen asking you to subscribe to a membership, simply click to get out of the course and restart the course when you’re ready to move on.